We are looking for confident, positive and energetic people to join our team of family violence specialists! LIH is a fast-paced, dynamic and innovative organization staffed by a team of highly dedicated professionals. See the specific job postings for more information.

Our positions are all posted on Saskjobs.ca and you can simply click on the Opportunities button and enter Lloydminster Interval Home Society into the search line to find what career opportunities we have available!



Ask yourself the following questions:

  • Do I want to make a difference in my community?
  • Does my business want to offer support through a work bee?
  • Am I non-judgmental, empathetic, warm and caring?

If you answered YES to these questions, maybe you should volunteer for the Lloydminster Interval Home!

The Volunteer Application can be completed and brought into the store during business hours, emailed to our Social Enterprise Manager at volunteer@lloydintervalhome.com or faxed to 780-872-5551. For more information on the opportunities of volunteering with The Lloydminster Interval Home call our Social Enterprise Manager at 780-872-5005


One way to support and get to know your community is through volunteering. Each year, the Lloydminster Interval Home’s dedicated volunteers contribute thousands of hours to support families caught in the web of family violence.Volunteers enrich our programs and enhance the lives of others through their commitment, support, knowledge and enthusiasm. By working together we get to know one another, increase our knowledge about family violence, strengthen our collective and individual skills, and in the end, we build a deeper sense of community.

We have volunteer opportunities in various areas and are always looking for people who would love to donate their time to help fight the effects of domestic violence. While the bulk of our volunteer force works out of our ‘For the Interval’ Store, we look for volunteers in other areas as well.

Frequently Asked Questions

Board of Directors



Our Mission, Vision and Values

Mission Statement
“Lloydminster Interval Home exists to provide safety, support, and education by empowering the children, youth, adults and communities we serve.”
Vision Statement
“Lloydminster Interval Home is a dynamic organization that is passionately dedicated to developing life-times of well-being and healthy relationships for all.”
• Respect
• Integrity
• Compassion
• Honesty

“The Lloydminster Interval Home also holds the fundamental belief that every individual can reach her or his full potential; that all individuals have the capacity to grow and change, and that we must have a shared hope for an abuse-free society.”


The idea of a “home for women in crisis” in Lloydminster was spawned between Dolores Cummine and Marge Nattress and other concerned community members in 1979. In the spring of 1980, the Minister of Saskatchewan Social Services and his aides travelled to Lloydminster to meet with the board. With great disappointment, it was learned that showing a need in the community was not enough to receive government funding . . .


With annual Interval Home Membership, you will be eligible to vote on Annual General Meeting agenda issues, will receive our annual newsletter, and assist us in our cause. Memberships are payable by cash or cheque. Please make your cheque payable to the Lloydminster Interval Home Society.

Payment for your membership may be mailed to:

The Lloydminster Interval Home Society c/o Administrative Assistant
P.O. Box 1523, Lloydminster, SK/AB S9V 1K5

How We Are Funded

The Lloydminster Interval Home Society is a registered non-profit organization in the Provinces of Alberta and Saskatchewan. The Government of Alberta, Children & Youth Services provides about 60% of our operating budget and the remaining 40% is raised by our own fundraising efforts and individual donations. Without the support of our province, city and region we would not be able to provide the varied and high quality services we provide to women and children fleeing domestic violence and other life crisis.


  • Alberta Human Services Family Violence Prevention and Homeless Supports Division
  • Saskatchewan Ministry of Justice and Attorney General
  • City of Lloydminster FCSS
  • Camrose Alberta Health Services
  • Public Health Agency of Canada
  • Town of Vermilion FCSS
  • County of Vermilion River FCSS
  • The United Way
  • Alberta Lotteries
  • Saskatchewan Lotteries